Recipe: Empress 75 and our favourite mocktails
There’s something special about drinking pretty cocktails. The way they’re garnished, and the vessels used for the drinks all make a big difference in the experience. Heidi and I fully believe that when the food or drink we consume are pretty, they actually seem to taste better and create a more pleasurable experience. Don’t you think so too?
Today, I’m excited to share the recipe for one of my favourite cocktails, Empress 75! I’m also sharing my favourite mocktail recipes for fancy evenings minus the alcohol. Empress 75 is a twist to a classic French 75, using Empress Gin to create that magical pink hue.
EMPRESS 75 RECIPE
- 1.5 oz (3 tbsp) Empress 75 Gin
- Champagne or sparkling wine to top
- 1 oz (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 0.5 oz (1 tbsp) simple syrup
- Add ice, gin, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake for about 10s.
- Strain liquid into a pretty glass - we love our Kronos Double Wall Tea Cup or Cast Glass Soft Drink Tumbler.
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine.
- If desired, garnish with a lemon twist, or thyme. I love adding fresh berries or figs if they’re in season. Yum!
PRETTY AND DELICIOUS MOCKTAIL RECIPES TO TRY